11 October 2014

Yoo-hooooo... Anyone Home...?

Hiya out there in Blogspot land!!  My first ever time - ooh, exciting, much - well, for me, anyway.  

So why did I take this giant step, you may well be asking?  I ask myself that same thing!!  Well, there is a certain phrase I use occasionally that has been known to strike fear into the very soul of my beloved other half - AKA WookieeMan.  He goes all a-tremble when I say to him, "I've had a thunk...".  Don't know why, myself. I mean, it's not like my thunks mean the end of the world as we know it - although there has been the odd one that has meant a change to our lifestyle as we knew it.

So I figured, why should he be the only one on the receiving end?  I mean, as things go, WM is amazingly easy to converse with and bounce ideas around with (which, I suppose, is always a good thing in one's spouse, is it not?) 

I'm not the kind of person who finds it terribly easy to talk face-to-face with people, because what I want to say doesn't always come out the way it's meant to.  My tang is very good at getting all toungled up.  So, in my own mind, I seem to come across as "I-didn't-quite-get-my-point-out-there"; or "well-THAT-was-so-far-off-the-topic-in-hand"; and let's not forget the good old "this-conversation-really-is-over-my-head-so-I'll-just-stand/sit-here-trying-not-to-look-too-gooberish".  And if there is any hint of a possible confrontation looming on the horizon, umm - no thanks (depending on the circumstance, of course).

Now don't get me wrong - I'm not being down or hard on myself.  I'm a gal who has things to say about all kinds of topics from inane to serious, but doing it this way, there's a chance that my thoughts/views/drivel might actually make more sense.

So, here I am:  a chicky of 60's-vintage, with the awesomest hubsand in creation, who loves the Lord, her offspring (and said-offspring's life partner), friends, puppies, kittens... and so on, and so forth - putting my thoughts/views/drivel out there for all to see.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I think - I am now - a blogger!!




2 comments:

  1. Keep thunking I am listening and looking forward to more thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

- Feedback, discussion and comments are welcome. Please be respectful of the views of others.
- I have purposely used psuedonyms when referring to other people, to protect their privacy (not everyone likes to be identified). Please refrain from using real names, if you know them.
- Thanks!! I value your responses :-)