12 April 2016

Let's Talk About... Health and Employment (3)... Progression



UPDATE (for anyone who would like to know): Week 2 has been and gone, and week 3 is now underway.

Last week was better, with not so many anxious moments. Psych sessions are underway, and so far so good. 

I'm learning that it's good to refocus on something else in the anxious moments, as distraction is good - PROVIDED that we realise that the underlying cause will still be there until we learn what it is and how to deal with it, if not get rid of it altogether.
Moments of hibernation can be a good thing, too... my safe spot is curled up by my pillow with a good book - usually Harry Potter, but I'm trying to diversify my go-to security tools (currently I'm reading Maggie Smith's biography).

Let's see... GP follow-up went well; she's quite pleased with progress, and is a real breath of fresh air. I asked her about a referral that we discussed, only to find out that she'd already sent it off electronically - no fuss or bother, or "I-can-refer-you-but-they-probably-won't-accept-it-because-of-budget-cuts" that I had come to expect.

I didn't get placed in the top-3 for my competition final, but apparently I did make the top 4 or
5 - out of 15. DP took a video of one of my songs, and after watching the vid, I can see why I didn't get placed. It's all good, and there will be other chances. I'm not going to give up; it's great for confidence, not to mention fun :-)

This week sees our WINZ entitlement finally sorted out; another interview with Workwise tomorrow - I have applied for a role of casual support worker with an organisation who suggested that it might be a better way to start, rather than going straight into a permanent role; and in retrospect, I can understand that logic. The fact that I was a bit flustered and disorganised this morning for a meeting seems to be to be a good indication that I'm not quite ready for full-time work. I also have another psych appointment, and a day trip with our girl on Friday on a family matter. Afternoon tea on Saturday with our buddies up the street. And in the middle of all that, WookieeMan and I have recently become sorta mentors (or, as WM referred to it, Jedi masters to our padawans) to one of my god-daughters and her fiance - an awesome young couple.

So in among all that, once my head stops swiveling in all directions, I will be cooking, and doing other housewifey-type stuff that I'm sorta starting to get into again (wait - did I actually say that?!?!), and, of course, pacing myself, resting and nana-napping as required.

Phew!!


Have a great week, y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Feedback, discussion and comments are welcome. Please be respectful of the views of others.
- I have purposely used psuedonyms when referring to other people, to protect their privacy (not everyone likes to be identified). Please refrain from using real names, if you know them.
- Thanks!! I value your responses :-)