13 April 2016

Let's Talk About... Health and Employment (4)... Back Home Again


UPDATE: Bye-bye Week 3, greetings Week 4!

T'was a bit of an interesting time last week.

Some very close friends are going through a bit of a horrendous time right now, and WookieeMan and I are doing what we can to support them from afar. What surprised me was that anxiety did not raise its nasty head during all of the interactions we had. We are praying that their situation will be resolved in the best way possible, and that stress levels will drop all around.

I had a bitter-sweet trip back down to my old hometown on Friday with our DP. The reason for the trip was not a nice one at all, it was time for me to say farewell to someone who at one time was a very major part of my life, and who will be entering hospice care probably some time this week. It was a good time of healing, in some ways, and things were said in peace that needed to be said. Still sad, though.


It was also a chance for me to see one of my old stomping grounds, Whakatane Hospital - or rather, what was left of it.  The main hospital block is being demolished, presumably due to earthquake safety.  It was a shock to see the old girl coming down.  It was the first permanent job I ever had, way back in the mid-80's; it's where my offspring came into the world; and it's also where my mum passed away, 7 1/2 years ago.

And, of course, no trip back home is complete without a trip over the hill to THE gem of NZ beaches, Ohope.  Best beach in the country!!

 
Progress-wise, I did experience the odd downer, and had a couple of days where I wanted to hibernate. But rather than focus on the negative stuff, I've decided to think about some of the things I'm thankful for:
- We have food, clothes and shelter, 2 nutty pusscats, and wonderful family
- Basic finances are sorted, and a couple of other options are in the pipeline
- I have started on another crochet project, and am thinking about starting my blog back up
- I've started putting out feelers for casual/part-time support work roles, and updated my on-line job-site profiles
- There are still some wonderful people that I used to work with that I count among my friends
- And, of course, there are all of you - my cyberspace
friends - some of who I know so well, some a little less well, some I have never met. But I thank you all for your support and communication.

Till next time...
... stay strong, stay safe, God bless you.
 
Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

- Feedback, discussion and comments are welcome. Please be respectful of the views of others.
- I have purposely used psuedonyms when referring to other people, to protect their privacy (not everyone likes to be identified). Please refrain from using real names, if you know them.
- Thanks!! I value your responses :-)