13 April 2016

Let's Talk About... Health and Employment (6) - Big-Fat-Hairy-Deal-MEH!!



   





A TIMELY REMINDER:  
As I mentioned at the start of this section, I have transferred my updates from Facebook to this blog.  This is the last of those ones.
From #7 on in this series, they will be 
updates-from-the-battlezone, so to speak.
Thanks for your patience :-) 





UPDATE – Week 5:

Halfway through week six already!! I have NO IDEA what happened to my post from last week, but only about half of what I wrote actually showed up Better luck this time.

Well. I think last week came specially delivery from Sucksville. I forgot to take my meds on the Sunday, and by the time I remembered it was too late to take them. 

Bummer.

Possible financial assistance has been delayed because the companies involved want more information, even though they’ve got just about everything except our bathroom schedules. so now I need to get together updates of some stuff they already have and send it in again by lunchtime-yesterday-kinda-timeframe.

I didn’t communicate with many people at all last week, I have noticed that my resolve to cut back on the technology – i.e. FB – did not go quite according to plan.

Apparently I got my times mixed up for 2 appointments again; I say apparently, because I don’t believe that one of them was my fault, because I was in the applicable office when the professional made the appointment in her calendar, but when I got there it was on another
day with a totally different person. And the other one was changed by the professional due to a schedule overload – which was fortunate because I had the wrong time and location.

So, even after a great couple of hours out with WookieeMan on Friday afternoon involving drinkies, pool games and a juke box at the local RSA, it didn’t take long before my mood dropped again when I got home.


And along came Saturday. The first time ever that I didn’t want to get out of bed due to depression. Fortunately I have a wonderful husband who is very easy to talk with, and he reminded me that what I was feeling was ok; he’d been there, done that; no pressure to do anything; he wouldn’t think any less of me if I gave in to the urge to stay there. That
acceptance, coupled with the proverbial assertive encouragement from a certain Mr P across the ditch and the fact that the bathroom wasn’t about to come to me, helped me get up around 1ish and face what was left of the day. And you know what? I’m glad I did, because I felt better for it.

So in spite of what the black dog threw at me last week, I still found some things to be thankful and grateful for:
- My sense of humour is still hanging in there

- I refuse to submit to SUFFERING from depression, I am still BATTLING this beast
- Sure, I have no income to speak of at the moment, but WM does, and we get a bit from WINZ, and we still have food, clothing and shelter;
- I’ve developed a strategy that WM is in full agreement with to enable to help build up one aspect of our spiritual lives again, and that is the realisation that as there are fewer people attending our church in the evening as what there are in the morning, we will go to the night services for a while. It means we don’t get to see many of our friends there, but this is a temporary solution;
- I’ve really gotten back into my crochet again, and am hoping to sell a few scarves soon;
- It’s so easy to see only the winds and rain in the middle of the storm, but to quote (M*A*S*H) Colonel Potter in a conversation with his camp priest who had dysentery – this too shall pass;
- I have a scrumptious husband, wonderful family and fantastic friends – not many, but you don’t need too many;
- No matter how bad things are for me, there is always someone who is worse off;
- I got a call back from the HR department of an organisation I sent my CV to, and they have a position that I might be interested in; so I have applied for it;
- We have an AWESOME GOD who will meet our needs; who will never give us anything that we can’t handle, and if it does get too tough He always provides a way for us to stand up under the pressure; He knows the plans He has for us – plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give us hope and a future; and He is in the process of repairing the damage of the locusts of the past – all because I accepted His gift of salvation through Jesus.


Thanks to those of you who have given me positive feedback on my wee posts of this nature; I’m pleased and humbled to hear that they are actually helping some of you that are going through your own times of trial. Despite my own struggles, I will always make myself available to anyone who is genuinely struggling, in any way that I can. And don’t worry, I have learnt that I still need to put my own recovery first and that sometimes I may need to take a step or two back.

So that’s it for this week, folks. Take care, God bless you all and stay safe.
See y'all later!


No comments:

Post a Comment

- Feedback, discussion and comments are welcome. Please be respectful of the views of others.
- I have purposely used psuedonyms when referring to other people, to protect their privacy (not everyone likes to be identified). Please refrain from using real names, if you know them.
- Thanks!! I value your responses :-)